Tuesday, March 24, 2009

isttexas Wargaming Blog

I have more than 60,000 painted 6mm Adler Miniatures. Comprising approx. 35,000 Napoleonic French, Austrian, Russians., and 25,000 ACW figures ( entire 1862 Army of the Potomac and Army of Northern Virginia). The scale is 1 figurine equals 7 -10 real men/horses, 1 equipment model equals 2 actual pieces of equipment and 1 inch equals 20 yards. The majority of the figures were painted by my wonderful wife...who also raised "me" and 3 children during her "painting" period. Alas, she no longer paints.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to tell you this at this stage of the game, but you did it wrong. You'd better start over, and rebase them. ;)

    It is still a stupendous achievement there is no doubt, and I am duly impressed with the vastness of it all, but - as you well know, units varied in strength in 1813, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is mega - it's so tempting to sell up all our stuff and go 6mm. I'd never part with my 28mm collection but for huge games this can't be beat. Keep up the good work,
    warpaintjj

    ps 60,000 wasn't a typo was it?

    ReplyDelete